1. Are there any current travel restrictions to Panama?
International flights have resumed to and from Tocumen International Airport.
Entry to Panama is open to Panamanian nationals, residents, tourists and business travelers with a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate and who have not spent time in the United Kingdom or South Africa in the 20 days prior to their arrival. The test must be taken no more than 48 hours before you travel. If you cannot do this, a test can be taken at the airport on arrival at a cost of USD 50.00. If the test is positive, there is a mandatory requirement to quarantine for at least 7 days at a government facility.
2. When will Islas Secas re-open and can I make a reservation?
Islas Secas is currently open and all activities and services are available for our guests to enjoy. We are currently taking reservations through to 2022 – please email our reservations team at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
3. What’s your cancellation policy in response to COVID-19?
We have updated our booking policies in order to allow you to confirm your reservation safe in the knowledge that you can amend your plans at a later date. If you are unable to travel to Panama as a result of government imposed travel restrictions within 30 days of arrival, all funds can be allocated to an alternative stay within 365 days of the original stay dates.
4. What precautionary measures will be in place when Islas Secas reopens?
The health, well-being and safety of our guests and colleagues remains our number one priority. Our team will be returning to the resort later this year in phases to allow time for enhanced training and the implementation of new protocols and sanitization procedures to ensure that Islas Secas continues to be a safe haven for all.
- Staff – all staff will be tested or go through pre-arrival quarantine when appropriate before arriving at Islas Secas. Once on property, ongoing monitoring such as daily temperature check and health attestations will be implemented. In addition. Islas Secas personnel will use personal protective equipment where and when appropriate.
- Transfers – all transfer vehicles including boats will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after each ride
- Housekeeping – enhanced cleaning procedures will be introduced across the property. Both the Casitas and all shared spaces will be cleaned in strict accordance with local, national and international guidelines
- Dining / Bar – tables at the Terraza and in Bar Balboa will be arranged to maintain social distancing and ensure a safe and intimate experience
- Activities – all equipment used for activities will be sanitized between each use