1. Are there any current travel restrictions to Panama?
As of March 2020, the Government of Panama imposed restrictions on travel and a ban on short-term visitors – at this time scheduled international flights to and from Panama are suspended through September 4, 2020. As a result of these measures Islas Secas is currently closed.
2. When will Islas Secas re-open and can I make a reservation?
We are preparing to re-open in mid-December 2020 subject to the Government restrictions mentioned above being lifted and we are currently taking reservations for the 2020–2021 season. We anticipate all activities and services being available to guests upon re-opening.
3. What’s your cancellation policy in response to COVID-19?
We have updated our booking policies in order to allow you to confirm your reservation safe in the knowledge that you can amend your plans at a later date without penalty – the 25% deposit required to secure a stay is entirely refundable until the final balance is paid. After final payment, if you cannot travel as a result of international travel restrictions within 30 days of arrival, all funds can be allocated to an alternative stay within 365 days of the original stay dates.
4. What precautionary measures will be in place when Islas Secas reopens?
The health, well-being and safety of our guests and colleagues remains our number one priority. Our team will be returning to the resort later this year in phases to allow time for enhanced training and the implementation of new protocols and sanitization procedures to ensure that Islas Secas continues to be a safe haven for all.
- Staff – all staff will be tested or go through pre-arrival quarantine when appropriate before arriving at Islas Secas. Once on property, ongoing monitoring such as daily temperature check and health attestations will be implemented. In addition. Islas Secas personnel will use personal protective equipment where and when appropriate.
- Transfers – all transfer vehicles including boats will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after each ride
- Housekeeping – enhanced cleaning procedures will be introduced across the property. Both the Casitas and all shared spaces will be cleaned in strict accordance with local, national and international guidelines
- Dining / Bar – tables at the Terraza and in Bar Balboa will be arranged to maintain social distancing and ensure a safe and intimate experience
- Activities – all equipment used for activities will be sanitized between each use
5. Is there a doctor or any medical facilities at Islas Secas?
The resort has a very well equipped First Aid facility and a certified EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) on site to treat guests and to help arrange transfer to the closest hospital in David on the mainland in an emergency.